Our collections are not only focused on providing high end design to our clients but also sustainability. We believe in environmental responsibility when it comes to design and we have aligned ourselves with companies that enforce and monitor sustainable development in all business activities.
Brands that have GECA certified products within their collections include : Mattiazzi.
Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA), runs Australia’s only independent, not-for-profit, multi-sector eco-labelling program and is the only Australian member with GENICES recognition from the Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN).
This means that many of your favourite Mattiazzi products have been rigorously assessed for their impact on the environment over their life cycle and are now a safer option for you, your family and your colleagues.
Here are just a few reasons to buy GECA certified products:
Better for the environment
• Avoid illegal harvest of wood and fibre for raw materials
• Emissions to air and water heavily restricted
• Product must be easy to recycle or dispose of in an environmentally responsible way
• Replacement parts must be made available to users
• Use only GECA certified (or equivalent) fabrics and adhesives (Level A only) Better for human health
• Restrictions or bans on known carcinogens, mutagens or other specific harmful substances
• Volatile organic compounds limited (Level A only) Better for ethical considerations
• Workers can expect fair pay, equal opportunity, and a safe working environment
• No unsubstantiated claims (green-washing)